Monday, August 28, 2006

Softening the Blow

So, we were leaving the mall, and everyone was tired, hungry and touchy. I was holding StuBert and Joh was holding Tory's hand. Tory started... singing? Yelling? It's a fine line. Anyway, she is going full volume about 4 feet behind me. I popped a breaker.

"Tory! Please! Stop yelling!"

I immediately feel bad. Nothing like snapping at my girl to bring on the guild. Quickly, I come up with a plan to soften the blow.

"Tory. Stop talking. Stop thinking. Stop breathing. Stop smiling. Stop having fun. Stop walking."

"Daddy, I am having fun."

"Well stop it. And quit smiling."

Joh chimes in. "Don't get in the car."

"That's right. Stay out of the car and don't get in your car seat."

"I am in my car seat and having fun."

"Well, stop it."

Mission accomplished.

No comments: