Thursday, October 19, 2006

The Hair Apparent

Johanna is shedding.

You see, a women's hair often grows quicker when she is pregnant. Johanna's certainly did. Sometimes, after birth, some of this extra hair will fall out. Hers is. In sheets. Well, not really. It isn't coming out in clumps, and there is no sign of her going bald any time soon, but the amount she loses every day is astonishing. This is the exchange I had with her on the topic:

"Honey. I don't mind if you go bald. I mean, I don't want you too or anything, but if you do, it will not change how I feel about you. The process, however, I mind."

"I know! Every time I do anything with my hair, I've got to pull it off my hands." (I wish I could show you the face and gesture that goes with this statement. It was most illuminating.) "I wash my hair and I've got to pull it off my hands. I rinse my hair and I've got to pull it off my hands. I get my hair wet to do it in the morning and I've got to pull it off my hands. I put gel in it and I've got to pull it off my hands, but now it's all sticky! Blech!"

I decided to dispense with the remainder of my complaint.

No comments: