Thursday, February 15, 2007

Good for What Ails You

I have a cough.

This is no mamby-pamby cough either. I am hacking up smurfs (as Monroe would say) the size of my right fore-arm (as Karl would say). I don't think I have pneumonia, but then I didn't think I had it the last time either. I just thought I broke a rib.

Regardless, when I have a bad cough, there is a home remedy that I turn to. It has arguable medicinal value, but it inarguably makes you feel better.

The 1/2 cup Whiskey Sour.

Take 1/2 cup of lemon juice, add 1/2 cup honey. Microwave on high for 1 minute. Mix until well blended. Nuking it just makes it easier to mix, so do more or less to your liking. Add 3 ice cubes to cool it to a reasonable temperature, and then add 1/2 cup of whiskey. Cheap is fine. I use Potters. Sip it over the course of the evening, and then slam what's left just before bed. Probably should take an acid blocker, if you are prone to heartburn.

No comments: