Friday, December 22, 2006

Too Dumb to be Republican

Oh dear. Some people are just too stupid. It seems that a congressional aid attempted to solicit the services of a hacker to alter his grades. Unfortunately, he chose to do so by e-mailing the security site attrition.org. The complete transcript is up, but it has been slashdotted. I post here some excerpts:

Todd Shriber
I need to urgently make contact with a hacker that would be interested in doing a one-time job for me. The pay would be good. I'm not sure what exactly the job would entail with respect to computer jargon, but I can go into rough detail upon making contact with a candidate. Thanks for your help.

security curmudgeon
So, I need three things to make this happen:

1. A picture of a squirrel or pigeon on your campus. One close-up, one with background that shows buildings, a sign, or something to indicate you are standing on the campus.

2. The information I mentioned so I can find the records once I get into the database.

3. Some idea of what I get for all my trouble.

lyger
todd... no more.. omfg we are SO busted.. fuck fuck fuck FUCK FUCK everything was PERFECT until their night noc ran a reverse udp traceroute back to one of the hosts we had set up after that, straight DOWNHILL. i've already been called twice by my isp asking about unusual activity, some other shit about access attempts to a federally monitored system they have everything in logs including the rot-26 stuff that finally got me access all goes back to your login sorry i really fucked up BAD

Too stupid. Way too stupid. I don't even think that this qualifies for the 'culture of corruption' category.

1 comment:

phil said...

This is one of the funniest things I've seen online in forever... Thanks for posting this!!!